Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Goal

Okay now that the prologue is done, onto the good stuff. Currently I have 396 items studied in my smart.fm profile and 65 mastered (my user is pnogas for those who wish to follow)

I get really excited when I hear the core 2000 description: "
Mastering these 2,000 items and sentences will give you enough to feel comfortable in most everyday situations"

And even more so with the core 6000 description: "
Once you have completed this series, you’ll have a solid command of spoken Japanese, and you should be able to follow the majority of what you read in newspapers."

So as of this instant I am setting the goal of having 1000 items mastered (not just studied) by my flight to Japan around Jan 5th. Please hold me to it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you can do it. I really recommend (if you can) getting a bunch of films and like maybe music? or whatever in Japanese and stacking up listening hours to prepare you mentally for coming here. Would have helped me tons if I knew that before I came here.

    ReplyDelete